Twitter icon A stylized bird with an open mouth, tweeting. Twitter LinkedIn icon The word “in”. LinkedIn Fliboard icon A stylized letter F. Flipboard Link icon An image of a chain link. It symobilizes a website link url. Copy Link
As the gaming industry moves further away from physical game releases, digital copies of games are becoming more and more popular.
However, unlike hard copies of games, digital copies require that you download the game before you can actually play it.
As long as you have an internet connection and the money to buy your games, you can download PS4 games from both the PlayStation Store and your PS4 Library.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
PlayStation 4 (From $299.99 at Best Buy)PlayStation Plus 12-month membership (From $59.99 at Best Buy)
How to download games on your PS4 from the PlayStation Store
If you haven”t already purchased the game you want to play, you”ll need to purchase and download it through the PlayStation Store.
1. From your PS4″s Home screen, navigate to the PlayStation Store app and press the X button to open it.
2. Select the game you want to download and press X. This will pull up a screen with information about the game itself, including its price (if applicable).
3. If you haven”t purchased the game, select “Add to cart” and press X. If you”ve already purchased the game, or the game is free, “Download” will appear instead of “Add to cart” — in this case, select “Download” and press X.
You don”t have to pay for every game. Some are free to download. Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
4. After you”ve added the games you want to your cart, select “Proceed to checkout” and press X. You may need to enter your payment information if it”s not already saved.
5. After you”ve entered your payment information, select “Confirm Purchase” and press X. Finally, on the next screen, select “Download” and press X.
How to download games on your PS4 from your PS4 Library
If you”ve already purchased a game, but don”t have it installed, the game will appear in your PS4 Library. You”ll need to download the game from your Library before it can be played.
1. From your PS4″s Home screen, navigate to the Library app and press the X button to open it.
2. In the left sidebar, scroll down to “Purchased” and press X.
If you have a PlayStation Plus account, you can select “PlayStation Plus” in the sidebar menu and download games from there using the same method. Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
3. Navigate through the list of games until you”ve found the one you want to download. Press X.
4. Select “Download” and press X. Your game should begin downloading automatically.
Keep in mind that in both cases, you won”t be able to play the full game until it”s finished downloading and installing. Your download speed can be affected by various factors, such as your internet speed and the amount of memory the game requires — bigger games will take longer.
Sony Playstation 4
$279.99 from GameStop
Related coverage fromHow To Do Everything: Tech:
Insider Inc. receives a commission when you buy through our links.
Was this article helpful for you?
Receive a selection of our best stories daily based on your reading preferences.
Your morning cheat sheet to get you caught up on what you need to know in tech. Sign up to 10 Things in Tech You Need to Know Today.
Loading Something is loading.
SEE ALSO: 8 affordable PlayStation 4 accessories that'll help you make the most of your console
More: Tech How To PS4 PlayStation Store PlayStation 4
Chevron icon It indicates an expandable section or menu, or sometimes previous / next navigation options.
Close icon Two crossed lines that form an “X”. It indicates a way to close an interaction, or dismiss a notification.
Follow us on: