|New Customer||Return Customer|
|Qty 10+ Free shipping (US & Canada only)|
Apple MacBook 13 LCD Screen Installation and replacement Guide
Please watch the following video (highly recommended), or follow the step by step instructions below:
This is a guide on replacing an LCD screen on an Apple MacBook 13″.
Đang xem: Amazon
1. Before beginning the installation and replacement process, unplug the power adapter. On this laptop, the battery is not easily removable, so it is important to not accidentally power on the system. Unless otherwise advised, disconnection of internal cables should not be attempted with the power on.
2. The LCD panel is located behind a plastic bezel, which will need to be removed, in order to gain access to it. The bezel is glued in place, so a heat gun is highly recommended for removal. Tools that you will need for this procedure:-heat gun-phillips screwdriver-wide tool, such as a putty knife-a pick or a flat-head screwdriver may also come in handy
3. The first step for reinstalling the LCD screen on the Apple MacBook 13″ laptop is to use a heat gun to warm up the glue around the perimeter of the plastic bezel. Apply heat evenly, being sure not to keep it in one place for too long. Heat should be applied for no longer than 60 to 90 seconds total, at the most.
4. Once the glue has been sufficiently warmed up, use a putty knife to separate the bezel from the LCD screen. Start in the top right corner, and place the putty knife between the rubber gasket and the back cover. The plastic gasket is part of the bezel.
5. After you”ve worked your way around the perimeter with the putty knife, to separate the bezel and the back cover, complete the separation using your fingers. Be gentle, pulling from both the inner and outer sides of the plastic bezel frame.
6. The iSight camera is only held up by the bezel, so it may fall out at this point. Simply place it back in place and make sure that any cables are properly routed.
7. Now that the plastic bezel has been removed, we have access to the mounting screws. There are 6 mounting screws in total. Start by removing the 2 screws on the left side, as well as the one on the top right side.
8. Next, remove the 2 screws at the bottom.
9. There is 1 screw that will need to be removed from the bottom right side. The top screw on the bottom right side is the Wi-Fi screw, which should remain in place. The screw below that can be removed at this point.
10. With all the screws removed, the LCD panel can now be removed as well. To do this, hold the LCD screen from the top sides, using both hands. Lean the panel forward about half an inch, then pull straight up about an inch. Do not attempt to pull out the LCD screen fully, as there is a locking bracket which will need to be opened first.
11. Using a pick or a flat-head screwdriver, and holding the LCD screen with one hand, unlock the video connector”s bracket. The LCD screen can now be lifted up and removed.
Take out the new LCD screen and remove the protective film.
13. Properly lining up and placing the LCD screen in the laptop can be challenging, and will take a lot of patience. As the video connector is at a slight angle, we found it easier to plug the screen in to the connector, rather than the other way around. Be aware that the connectors are very fragile, so take your time and try not to be too forceful.
14. Secure the video connector cable with the locking bracket. The locking bracket is very fragile, so it is advised to tilt the LCD panel to the left, to properly align it. Using a flat-head screwdriver or pick, lock the connector”s bracket.
15. Ensure that the video connector is properly aligned with the LCD screen.
16. The LCD screen can now be lowered in to place.
17. At this point, it is a good idea to test the screen. Push the power button, and wait for the Apple logo to appear. Hold down the button once you have seen the Apple logo, to cancel the boot up.
18. The mounting screws can now be replaced. Start with the 2 smaller ones on the bottom.
19. Next, move on to the screws located on the sides. Replace the 2 screws on the left side, as well as the screw on the top right corner. Follow this by replacing the screw at the very bottom right corner, under the Wi-Fi connector screw. Check to make sure that the screws go in freely, and that they are flush with the mounting brackets, so that the bezel will not have bumps in it.
20. The plastic bezel frame can now be replaced. Align the bezel with the bottom edge, then snap in both upper corners.
21. Work your way around the sides and top of the bezel, pressing firmly on the plastic so that the adhesive catches.
23. The installation process is now complete, and the Apple MacBook 13″ laptop can now be powered on.
En français: Apple MACBOOK 13 UNIBODY MODEL A1342 Portable LCD ÉcranIn der deutschen: Apple MACBOOK 13 UNIBODY MODEL A1342 Notebook LCD BildschirmНа русском: LCD Матрица для Apple MACBOOK 13 UNIBODY MODEL A1342En español: Apple MACBOOK 13 UNIBODY MODEL A1342 Portatil LCD PantallaIn italiano: Apple MACBOOK 13 UNIBODY MODEL A1342 Notebook LCD Schermo
– New Grade A+brand new part made by one of the above mentioned major manufacturer.- Used, Like New Grade A+the part was pulled from a laptop (or other device), no signs of tear or wear and is fully functional and covered by our warranty just like new items. No scratches, no signs of use, looks and works same way as new.- Used, Like New Grade Athe part was pulled from a laptop (or other device), has some signs of wear and tear and is fully functional and covered by our warranty just like new items. No scratches / no signs of use on the LCD itself, works same way as new.Also, we sell some generic parts like flex video cables, extension cables, connectors, screen digitizers (but not LCD screens). If they were made by no-name third party manufacturers we list them as- New Aftermarket ReplacementThey are brand new high quality generic replacement and covered by our warranty.Our huge stock of laptop LCD screens have been manufactured by companies like LG Phillips, Samsung, AUO, Chi-Mei, Toshiba, Hannstar, Chunghwa, Sharp, etc. They are globally recognized suppliers of electronic components and manufacture products, ranging from laptop internal cables, keyboards, optical drives to motherboards, hard drives and LCD screens. These manufacturers strive hard to maintain the highest quality of the LCD screens and these particular brands are used in laptops, tablets and smartphones by all manufacturers: Dell, Apple, HP to name a few.To learn more about these manufacturers, please check their official websites: AUOChi Mei OptoelectronicsSamsungHannstarToshibaLG DisplaySharpHydis HundaiPlease see our Video Tutorials for installation guides and Support Articles and FAQ for any other questions.