Receiving error code 0x8024a105 when attempting update of Windows 10using automatic update. This update has failed every day for the last two weeks. Tried shutting off anti virus and firewall, but has no effect. Restarted the computer several times and still no success. Not a tech expert so don”t want to work in the registry – any other ideas?
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
Thank you for posting your query in rev-conf.org Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you in solving the issue.
Đang xem: Fix: windows update error 0x8024a105
I suggest you to perform the methods provided below and check if it helps.
Method 1: Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.Click on “View All” option on top left pane.Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.
If the issue still persists,
Method 2: Manually reset the Windows Updates Components and then reinitiate the Windows Update process.
Resetting Windows Update Componentswill fix corrupt Windows Update Components and help you to install the Windows Updates quickly.
Please follow the below steps to reset the Windows Updates Components:
1. Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.
2. Stop the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
3. Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folder. You can do this by typing thefollowing commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.
ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old
4. Now, let’s restart the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Type the following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the ENTER key after you type each command.
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
5. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it and then restart the computer.
6. After restarting the computer, now retry to install Windows Updates.
If you are trying to install the November update, I suggest you to go to the rev-conf.org software download website and select Upgrade now to upgrade your PC toWindows10 Version 1511 and check if the issue persists.
Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows and we’ll be glad to assist you.