Error0x8024402c, occurs when checking for Windows Updates. Itcould becaused by invalid network settings, update settings and LAN settings. Here in this post, 4 useful fixes to Error 0x8024402c will being shown to you. Fix 1. Enable Automatic Detection Settings Fix 2. Remove Invalid Characters in Proxy Exception List Fix 3. Change DNS Servers Fix 4. Configure Updates Client Fix 1. Enable Automatic Detect Settings If your computer is not sure how it should connect to the Internet, it would causeWindows Update Error 0x8024402c. In this case, enable Automatic Detect Settings could fix it. Go with the steps below to enable it. 1) Launch Internet Explorer. 2) Click the settings icon on the very top right. Then choose Internet options.
3) ClickLAN settingsunder Connection pane.
4) Check on Automatically detect settings
Now try to install Windows Updates now. Fix 2. Remove Invalid Characters in Proxy Exception List Keep your proxy settings cleancan prevent your system fromnavigating to many different and unresourceful servers. Go with the steps below to clean your proxy settings. 1) ~ 3)Follow step 1-3 of Fix 1 to open Local Area Network(LAN) settings in Internet Explorer. 4) Click Advanced while Use a proxy server for you LAN is ticked on.
5) Clear Exceptions box if there were any content in it. Then click OK.
6) Exit Internet Explorer and run Command Prompt. Find and click to openCommand Prompt from Start menu.
7) Run the commands below one by one. a) Typenetsh winhttp reset proxyand hitEnter. b) Type net stop wuauservand hitEnter.
Xem thêm: Free Android 9 – Asphalt 9: Legends
Xem thêm: không cài được win bản quyền
c) Typenet start wuauservand hitEnter. Now try to install Windows Updates now. Fix 3. Change DNS Servers If there were any issue of yourISP(Internet service provider), it could also lead toError 0x8024402c. Change DNS Servers into public one can solve it. 1) Open Run dialog box by pressing Windows logo key + R key together. Then typencpa.cplin it and clickOK.
2) Now Internet Connection window is open. Double-click on your active Network Adapter. Then clickPropertiesand double-click onInternet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
3) Locate Use the following DNS server addresses. Set Preferred DNS server to be 18.104.22.168 Set Alternate DNS server to be 22.214.171.124 Note: That’sGoogle’s public DNS server addresses.
Now try to install Windows Updates now. Fix 4. Configure Updates Client If the fixes above didn’t serve you, try this one. 1)Open Run dialog box by pressing Windows logo key + R key together. Then typeregeditin it and clickOK. ClickYeswhen prompted by User Account Control. 2) On Regedit Editor window, head toHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE >Policies>Microsoft>Windows>WindowsUpdate>AU 3) On the right pane of AU key, double -click onUseWUServer, change its value data into 0. Then clickOK. Note: If you can’t find WindowsUpdate, you should create one. Follow the steps below. a) Right-click on Windowsfolder, then chooseNew>Key. And name the new key WindowsUpdate. b)Right-click on WindowUpdatefolder, then chooseNew>Key. And name the new key AU. c) Right-click on the right pane of AU key, choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value Name the new valueUseWUServer. Now try to install Windows Updates now. After the fixes above, Windows Update should be good to go now.