In this article, you are going to learn all things related to “Windows 10 upgrade stuck”. The most important part is to fix Window 10 update stuck with the given solutions below. Go for it.
3. Just wait until you see the available updates and update it.
4. Try to upgrade to Windows 10 and see if it works.
#3: Fix Windows upgrade stuck at 99 by $GetCurrent folder
This method is borrowed from Microsoft. And it’s said that this method is very useful for this issue. You can try to fix “Windows 10 upgrade sruck at 99” using the following steps:
1. Restart your computer.
2. Go to the system drive, click Tools > Folder Options > View and tick Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
3. Click Advanced and tick Apply repairs automatically.
4. Click Next to start the repair process.
#7: Clear Update cache manually in Safe Mode
To clear update cache, use the steps below:
1. Boot into safe mode. You can hold down the Shift key as you click Power and Restart in Windows 10. And then navigate to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Windows Startup Settings > Restart > Safe Mode.
Xem thêm: How Should I Crack Photoshop Cc
2. Stop Windows Update Service via CMD. You can press Windows + X, select Command Prompt (Admin) from the list and type commands below in the pop-up window.
net stop wuauserv
net stop bits
3. Empty SoftwareDistribution folder. You can navigate to C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution in File Explore and empty this folder.
5. Restart your computer and run Windows Update again.
In addition, you still can try to restore from a system restore point or directly reinstall Windows. If you do not have CD or DVD, you can reinstall Windows 10 without CD.
What to do after Windows 10 Upgrade stuck issue fixed?
Try above methods and find the one works for you. To avoid meeting the same problem again, you still need to create a system image with free backup software like AOMEI Backupper Standard. It contains the operating system and all files related to your system. Thus, no matter what happens, you still can recover your computer.
With AOMEI Backupper Standard, you can backup the system image to external hard drive or other backup storage devices. When the update issue occurs again, you can restore system image from external hard drive and then all things become normal.
Then, backup system after fixing Windows 10 upgrade stuck issue, using the following steps: